Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Cricut Cardz Challenge #71

This week's challenge is to make a Mother's Day card using any cartridge and any colors you would like.  Please join us at www.cricutcardzchallenge.blogspot.com.. My fellow designers always come up with GREAT cards! And I can't wait to see what you come up with as well.  I used Country Life cartridge page 60.  I cut the image at 5 inches. I wanted to make the pitcher look very country, so I cut the pitcher in white and then took a toothbrush and brushed over it with blue paint. I used Bazzill Cherries Jubilee cardstock, The Paper Company cardstock, Bazzill/Coredinations cardstock, corner rounder, Celebrate It Michaels ribbon (I love the glitter on the ribbon) and Favorite Findings buttons.  I don't really use buttons for embellishments, but this I have to change, because I really like how it looks. Thanks for visiting me! :)

5 comments:

  1. Connie,

    I just came across you blog and I had to become a follower! I love your cards that you make! I can't wait to see what else you make! Ans I must say, I love the toothbrush technique you used on the pitcher! It looks so much like a an old time pitcher! Great job, and I may have to use this technique. :o)

    Thanks for sharing your crafty-ness!
    Mary
    P.S. I would love it if you came to visit my blog, if you have a moment!
    http://marys-crafty-scraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie... your card is ADORABLE! I Love the flowers and the pitcher/vase... Wonderful Mother's Day Card! :o)
    Theresa (CCC DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice card. I love that vase cut from Country Life.

    Vee (CCC DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. I don't have this cartridge. I was also thinking of using buttons on my flowers. Good cards that we both came up with.
    By the way, thank you SO much for your thoughtful comment on my post. It was very nice of you to take the time.

    Barb. from Toronto, Canada
    CCC Design Team #2

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice card! My mom always had Flowers in her Pitcher, never used it as a pitcher. Your card brought back some great memories. TFS

    circlebenterprises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete